Changes to your studies

This information explains how you can make changes to your modules and programme, interrupt your studies or defer part of your assessment while you're studying at UCL.

Change your programme or modules

Find out how to make changes to your modules or programme if you are studying for a taught degree.

Interrupt or withdraw from your studies

Find out what you need to do if you are thinking of interrupting or withdrawing from your studies and what will happen to your funding. 

Defer your exam or assessment

If you are experiencing severe difficulties, such as ill health, you may need to think about postponing your exams. 

Study away from UCL

If you're a taught masters student you'll need to make an application if you plan study away from UCL. 

Authorised absence for Tier 4 students

If you're studying at UCL under a Tier 4 visa and are absent from UCL due to short-term illness or other extenuating circumstances you must obtain authorisation from UCL.