The S: Drive is a shared storage space on the Filestore@UCL Service. Use the S: Drive to save departmental files or when working collaboratively with colleagues, other departments and students.
- Supported by ISD IT Services.
- Hourly snapshots and daily backups can be used to recover data within 90 days
- Ability to self-restore files
- 200GB by default
- Malware protection
- Additional storage can be purchased (50TB upper limit, please liaise with us, if you have larger requirements)
How to access the (S:) Drive
- Accessible and automatically mapped when logged in on campus (Desktop @ UCL)
- Available remotely and automatically mapped when logged into Desktop @ UCL Anywhere
- Accessible remotely when connected to UCL Remote Access VPN service
If you would like to access the S: Drive from outside the UCL network, you will need to connect to the UCL Remote Access VPN service.
How to map the GroupFolder Shared (S:) Drive
Your Shared (S:) Drive is automatically mapped when you use UCL-managed computers on campus (Desktop @ UCL PC) or remotely via Desktop @ UCL Anywhere.
To access the S: Drive from a standalone or departmental machine you will need to manually map it using the guides below.
- Adding your Shared (S:) Drive to a Windows machine
- Adding your Shared (S:) Drive to a Mac OSX machine
- Adding your Shared (S:) Drive to a Linux machine
Managing your GroupFolders Shared (S:) Drive
- Filestore@UCL: Restore a deleted file or folder in Windows 10 or Desktop@UCL
- Filestore@UCL: View or restore a previous version of a file on Windows 10 or Desktop@UCL
A list of frequently asked questions can be found at Purchase additional S: Drive storage.