Drupal CMS: Image sizing
Learn about resizing an image for Drupal.
You must ensure that your images have been optimised for the web and resized as JPGs or PNGs, before uploading to your website.
- site banner: 1400 x 420 pixels
- full-width image or carousel: min 1200 pixels wide (height will depend on your design)
- image gallery: 1000 pixels wide (height of images should be consistent)
- image for the UCL Public Event Calendar: 800 x 500 pixels or as close as possible to this width size on a ratio of 16:10.
- all other images: 800 x 500 pixels
Remember to optimise your images by saving as JPGs or PNGs at 72dpi and at no higher than 80% quality.
Software for resizing an image
IrfanView is available on the UCL desktop for download. Once downloaded, you will see it is straightforward to resize an image:
|1||Open IrfanView and search for your image|
|2||Once found and opened, click on Image | Resize/Resample|
|3||Complete the width in pixels||As seen in the above image, 800 pixels width - the height is added automatically|
|4||Click on OK|
Apart from Irfanview, you can also use the following software for resizing e.g. Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Gimp, Paint etc. and Mac users who use the latest OS can resize on their desktop.
Help and support
We are continually improving our website. Please provide any feedback using the feedback form.
Please note: This form is only to provide feedback. If you require IT support please contact the IT Services Help desk. We can only respond to UCL email addresses.