Drupal CMS: Insert an image gallery
Learn to create and insert an image gallery in Drupal.
This guide is aimed at
- PG Students
Before you start
- You need to be a Senior Editor, Editor or Author
- When editing use Chrome, Firefox or Safari but NOT Internet Explorer
- Ensure the image is the right size. Guidance on image sizes can be found on the Resize an image how-to guide
Creating a Gallery or a Slideshow is a 2-step process:
- You create the Gallery and you add the images
- You place the Gallery where required
It is not possible to have an overlay with text for an image in galleries.
- Place your cursor on the Content button in the horizontal menu
- Mouse over the dropdown menu to Image Galleries | Add an Image Gallery
- Click on Add an Image Gallery
- Type in a suitable name - and remember it!
- Click on Browse to add the images
- Place the cursor where you want to show the Image Gallery
- Click on the Insert gallery icon in the editing toolbar
- Start typing the label you gave the Image Gallery and click on it when it appears
- Click on next
- Click on embed - leave the menu option as 'default'
- The Image Gallery will now appear in large blue letters
- Change whatever else you need to change
- Depending on your role:
- if you are a Senior Editor: click on 'Publishing options - Draft (Current)' in the left-hand menu, choose 'published' from the drop-down menu
- if you are an Editor: click on 'Revision information' in the left-hand menu, choose 'published' from the drop-down menu
- if you are an Author: click on 'Revision information' in the left-hand menu, choose 'needs review' from the drop-down menu
- The gallery will ONLY appear once you've saved and users need to click on each image to enlarge it.
- If you need to put the page in the menu, check the instructions for putting a page in the website's menu
- Finally, check you are happy with the result, including on a mobile device