Drupal CMS: Insert a slideshow
Learn to create and insert a slideshow in Drupal.
This guide is aimed at
- PG Students
Before you start
You need to be a Senior Editor, Editor or Author
When editing use Chrome, Firefox or Safari but NOT Internet Explorer
- You can have an overlay in slideshows and link from its images: use a caption for the image
- It is important to use the correct size for images in a Slideshow: we recommend 'letterbox'-type images, 1280x800 for full-width and 800x480 if using a sidebar
- If you want captions on your images, these need to be created for each individual image
- You need at least 2 images for the slideshow to work
- If you want to add links to captions / text for each image, create the slideshow first. Then go to Content | Slideshows and click on 'edit' for the relevant Slideshow. You can then edit each image and put in relevant text and links
Add a slideshow
- Place your cursor on the Content button on the top toolbar
- Mouse over the dropdown menu to Slideshows | Add slideshow
- Click on Add slideshow
- Type in a suitable name - and remember it!
- Click on Browse to add the images
- Place the cursor where you want to show the Slideshow
- Click on the Insert slideshow icon in the editing toolbar
- Start typing the label you gave the Slideshow and click on it when it appears
- Click on next
- Click on embed - leave the menu option as 'default'
- The Slideshow will now appear in large blue letters
- Depending on your role:
if you are a Senior Editor: click on 'Publishing options - Draft (Current)' in the left-hand menu, choose 'published' from the drop-down menu
if you are an Editor: click on 'Revision information' in the left-hand menu, choose 'published' from the drop-down menu
if you are an Author: click on 'Revision information' in the left-hand menu, choose 'needs review' from the drop-down menu
- Save and the slideshow will now appear on the page.
- If you need to put the page in the menu, check the instructions for putting a page in the website's menu
- Finally, check you are happy with the result, including on a mobile device