Drupal CMS: Insert a slideshow
Learn to create and insert a slideshow in Drupal.
Before you start
When editing use Chrome, Firefox or Safari but NOT Internet Explorer
- You can have an overlay in slideshows and link from its images: use a caption for the image
- It is important to use the correct size for images in a Slideshow: we recommend 'letterbox'-type images, 1280x800 for full-width and 800x480 if using a sidebar
- If you want captions on your images, these need to be created for each individual image
- You need at least 2 images for the slideshow to work
- If you want to add links to captions / text for each image, create the slideshow first. Then go to Content | Slideshows and click on 'edit' for the relevant Slideshow. You can then edit each image and put in relevant text and links
Add a slideshow
- Place your cursor on the Content button on the top toolbar of your site
- Mouse over the dropdown menu to Slideshows | Add slideshow
- Click on Add slideshow
- Type in a suitable name - and remember it!
- Click on Browse to add the images
- Place the cursor where you want to show the Slideshow
- Click on the Insert slideshow icon in the editing toolbar
- Start typing the label you gave the Slideshow and click on it when it appears
- Click on next
- Click on embed - leave the menu option as 'default'
- The Slideshow will now appear in large blue letters
- Save and the slideshow will now appear on the page.
- Finally, check you are happy with the result, including on a mobile device
Help and support
We are continually improving our website. Please provide any feedback using the feedback form.
Please note: This form is only to provide feedback. If you require IT support please contact the IT Services Help desk. We can only respond to UCL email addresses.