Drupal CMS: Add a hero image
Learn about adding a hero image in Drupal.
This guide is aimed at
- PG Students
Before you start
- You need to be a Senior Editor, Editor or Author
- When editing use Chrome, Firefox or Safari but NOT Internet Explorer
- Ensure the image is the right size. Guidance on image sizes can be found on the Resize an image how-to guide
A hero image is a large image at the top of a landing page. Because it is an image that spreads across the page, make sure it is 1400x300 pixels and landscape!
We recommend you don't use both a banner image and a hero image as they would take up too much web-'estate'.
A hero image must have text - absence of text means the image will NOT be shown in full.
Text on the hero image will appear in white, so a light image will not do the text justice!
- Make sure you are in editing mode of the landing page in question
- Click on 'Browse' under HERO to find your image in the Library or upload a new image - see above for dimensions - and submit the image
- Add the text you want to appear on the image
- Continue adding content to the landing page
- Depending on your role:
- if you are a Senior Editor: click on 'Publishing options - Draft (Current)' in the left-hand menu, choose 'published' from the drop-down menu
- if you are an Editor: click on 'Revision information' in the left-hand menu, choose 'published' from the drop-down menu
- if you are an Author: click on 'Revision information' in the left-hand menu, choose 'needs review' from the drop-down menu