Recruitment and networking events
- Careers fairs: Large number of employers from a particular sector all in one place to promote their opportunities.
- Employer presentations: Individual companies delivering lecture style presentations about opportunities with Q&A / networking opportunities.
- Jobs Market: A more general recruitment fair with no specific sector focus - covers a wide range of internship and graduate scheme opportunities.
- Sector themed weeks: A week of events which focus on a specific industry sector. Each themed week has a varied programme of events led by industry professionals and Careers Consultants to help you learn more about each sector and build your contacts network.
- Researchers' programme: An employer led series of sector specific panels / networking events aimed specifically at research students and staff.
- External events: Recruiters may also organise their own recruitment events or target specific Students' Union UCL clubs / societies and / or UCL academic departments to meet students and promote opportunities.
Skills development events
- Career Essentials programme: A series of Careers Consultant led talks covering topics such as career planning, personality profiling, job hunting, networking, writing applications and preparing for interviews and assessment centres.
- Career Essentials Group Work Programme: A new series of small group workshops covering topics such as tailoring your CV effectively and writing speculative applications, allowing you to work with other students to develop your applications, share ideas and receive advice from the trained facilitator.
- Employer-led skills sessions: A mix of employer-led workshops / panel sessions; one-to-one coaching on interview skills or write effective applications and practice assessment centres.
- Careers with Global Impact: A series of events designed to help you discover how to apply your skills as global citizen to your future career.
- Researchers programme: For research students and staff, this bespoke programme of Careers Consultant led events will help you with next steps whether you're planning to stay in academia or looking at other options.
- Business competitions & challenges: Challenge yourself against students across the country and win prizes including paid internships!