The China Careers Fair – Thursday 25 March 10.00am – 1pm (GMT)
The China Careers Fair is a unique way for organisations based in China to engage with UCL students and alumni.
Our Fair facilitates engagement between our students across UCL and organisations across all industry sectors seeking to promote opportunities for graduate-level employment in China.
What to expect
This year UCL Careers will host our first ever China Careers Fair! It is a great chance to virtually meet and network with employers from a variety of industries who are looking to promote opportunities for graduate-level employment in China.
To prepare for this virtual event you can read through the range of help sheets and resources recommended on our resource library on effective networking and watch our CareersLab episode on Mastering Online Networking on YouTube.
We would also recommend that you do some initial research on the participating organisations you're interested in before you meet them virtually at the China Fair.
The full list of employers attending the 2021 China Careers Fair will be released closer to the event date.
How will it work?
To be able to speak to any of the recruiters attending, it is essential that you book a place on your myUCLCareers account in advance
- Each recruiter attending will have their own 'virtual stand'
- Before the event we encourage you to look through the recruiter profiles provided below on their 'stand' to find out more about them and the current opportunities they have available and decide who you'd like to speak to on the day
- As the Fair starts, those registered to attend will be able to see a clickable 'Virtual stand' link on each of the stands shown below to access a virtual meeting space with that particular recruiter
- As each recruiter will host their own 'meeting space', different online chat platforms may be used, (Zoom, Microsoft Teams etc.), but each employer will provide instructions for joining where needed, (though this will typically just be a web browser, stable internet connection and a device with a camera / mic)
- Each recruiter will also manage how their own meeting space operates so you may find a mix of group chat with other attendees, a queuing system for one-to-one discussion with recruiter reps or chat box style Q&A - please follow each recruiter's lead on this
- You will be able to join / leave as many stands as you like over the duration of the event. Please therefore consider leaving busy stands and coming back to them later after you've tried others as you may then get more quality time with the reps
UCL Careers will also have a stand with members of our team on hand to answer any queries you might have about the event or your job hunting more generally.
Book on to the China Careers Fair now
Important Note: Booking for this event will close 1 hour before the event start time. Anyone who hasn't registered by this time will not be able to join.