At our popular Careers Fairs, you'll get one-to-one time with a range of recruiters looking to hire UCL students and graduates.
We host careers fairs to give you the opportunity to meet employers targeting UCL students and recent graduates. By talking to representatives from a range of recruiting organisations, you can find out more about potential career paths, or take the next step in preparing to apply for one of their roles. A broad range of employers attend our fairs, from international organisations to small and medium businesses, so you can compare what they have to offer.
As a UCL student or recent graduate, you’re welcome to attend all UCL Careers Fairs, no matter which course you are studying.
All of the following events will be open for booking two weeks before the event date.
Autumn Sector-Themed Fairs
Autumn Sector-Themed fair dates for 2024/25 will be released early October 2024.
These fairs are aimed at allowing students to meet employers in various job sectors. Designed to allow students of all academic disciplines to attend, the Autumn Sector-Themed Fairs are a great way to learn more about various industries and what type of job openings different employers may have at various times across the year.
Careers in China
Careers in China is a collaborative series of events between six leading UK universities; University of Cambridge, Imperial College London, London School of Economics, Queen Mary University of London, and University College London. The events are exclusive to students and graduates of these institutions and are designed to give you access to recruiters and alumni who will share insights. Spaces are limited so please manage your booking appropriately and if you are unable to attend the live event, please unbook your ticket so that another student can benefit. You can find out more about the featured employers and what they will be covering on the myUCLCareers event pages via the booking links below.
Hilti company presentation, Wednesday 22 November, 9.00 – 10.15am (online)
This 1.25-hour virtual executive sharing is an exclusive opportunity for you to discover the market dynamics and cross-functional career opportunities at the intersection of business and engineering in today's construction industry, where innovation plays a pivotal role.
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. We are also the 8th world's best workplace recognized by Great Place to Work with our unique culture and career development opportunities. In today's construction industry, innovation plays a pivotal role in shaping the future of the sector.
This event will be particularly useful if you:
- Are enrolled in a undergraduate or master's program, or if you have graduated in engineering, business administration, or international management.
- Aspire to seek cross-functional careers in an international environment.
- Would like to hear exclusive personal sharing and career tips from the executives and business leaders who graduated from your school/partnering schools.
Simcere Pharmaceuticals Group company presentation, Thursday 30 November, 9.30 – 10.30am (online)
The programme will continue with a programme of sector-specific alumni panel discussions, held online, in the spring term. Further details will be added here and on myUCLCareers closer to the time.
UCL Summer Jobs Market
Jobs market dates for Summer 2024 will be released in May 2024.
The UCL Summer Jobs Market is a great opportunity to meet and network with employers from a variety of industries who are still looking to recruit for jobs, internships and graduate schemes this summer - all with current vacancies/ immediate starts. The Jobs Market is open to students from all degree disciplines and open to graduates from within the last three years, and those interested in attending are welcome to attend one or both events.
Shanghai Online Careers Fair
The Shanghai Online Careers Fair date will be released in Summer 2024.
This fair is aimed at final-year students and recent graduates bringing together Multi Nationals, Shanghai Companies, and Research Institutes who are looking to recruit this year / immediately, to fill roles based in Shanghai.
How do the Careers Fairs work?
- New employers will be continually added to the event profile up to the day of the event, so remember to keep checking back for updates
- To be able to speak to any of the recruiters attending, it is essential that you book a place on your myUCLCareers account in advance
- Each recruiter attending will have their own in person (on campus) or virtual stand depending on the event
- Those who have registered will be able to view employer profiles and current vacancies all in one place on the online event page
- You will also have access to an in person or virtual UCL Careers stand, where you can ask more about our services or come to us with any queries you have
- As a virtual fair starts, those registered to attend will be able to see a clickable 'virtual stand' link on each of the stands shown below to access an online meeting space with that particular recruiter
- As each recruiter will host their own 'meeting space', different online chat platforms may be used (Zoom, Microsoft Teams etc.), but each employer will provide instructions for joining where needed (though this will typically just be a web browser, stable internet connection and a device with a camera / mic)
- Each recruiter will also manage how their own meeting space operates so you may find a mix of group chat with other attendees, a queuing system for one-to-one discussion with recruiter representatives, or chat box style Q&A - please follow each recruiter's lead on this
- You will be able to join / leave as many stands as you like over the duration of the event. Please therefore consider leaving busy stands and coming back to them later after you've tried others as you may then get more quality time with the reps
Booking for virtual fairs will close one hour before the event start time. Anyone who hasn't registered by this time will not be able to join.
To prepare for Careers Fairs, please:
- Read through the range of help sheets and resources recommended on our resource library on effective networking
- Watch our CareersLab episode on Mastering Online Networking on YouTube
- Do some initial research on the participating organisations you're interested in before you meet them in person or virtually at a fair
- Attend one of our lunchtime talks on effective networking at events as part of our Career Essentials programme which will provide tips and advice on making the most of your visit
You can also find out more about specific sectors to better understand job roles, key employers and employment opportunities, sources of sector news and information, and how UCL can help you in our sector specific resources:
Students with Disabilities and/or Long-term Health Conditions
We want to make sure that you have every opportunity to attend events run by UCL Careers.
For those feeling overwhelmed or in need of support to confidently navigate the fair environment, our Student Assistance stewards are here to help. They are identifiable with a sunflower badge and will be at the registration area.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss any adjustments you might need to enable you to take part.
Please note that on campus fairs are at their quietest in the final half hour. If you would benefit from a less busy fair environment, we would encourage you to sign up for the last time slot as the crowds will begin to thin out during this time.