What to expect and how to prepare
At our popular, Autumn term, industry-specific fairs, you'll get one-on-one time with a range of recruiters looking to hire UCL students and graduates.
It's a great opportunity to speak to managers, recruitment personnel and recent graduate hires to find out about current opportunities, get inside information on hiring and selection processes, expand your professional networks as well as being a general chance to ask any other questions you may have.
A broad range of employers attend our fairs, from international organisations to small and medium businesses, so you can really compare what they have to offer.
The exhibitor profiles provided via the links below will allow you to do some initial research on the organisations you're interested in BEFORE you meet them at the fair.
We would also recommend that you read through the range of helpsheets and resources recommended on our resource library on effective networking.
We will also run a series a series of lunchtime talks prior to each fair on effective networking at events as part of our Career Essentials programme which will provide tips and advice on making the most of your visit.
Programme & exhibitor information
Below you can find the dates and times of our fairs for 2018/19. Once each fair has been announced, you will be able to find a full list of exhibitors with links to company profiles by logging in to your myUCLCareers account.
Note: Where a Fair takes place over two days, there will be different exhibitors present on each day
- Management Consultancy Fair: Wednesday 2 October 2019: 5:30pm - 8pm
- Banking, Finance and Economics Fair Day 1: Tuesday 8 October 2019: 5:30pm - 8pm
- Banking, Finance and Economics Fair Day 2: Wednesday 9 October 2019: 5:30pm - 8pm
- IT and Technology Fair Day 1: Wednesday 16 October 2019: 5:30pm - 8pm
- IT and Technology Fair Day 2: Thursday 17 October 2019: 5:30pm - 8pm
- Engineering & Built Environment: Monday 21 October 2019: 5:30pm - 8pm
- Life & Health Sciences Fair (booking required): Monday 28 October 2019: 4:30pm - 7:30pm
- Law Fair Day 1: Monday 28 October 2019: 5pm - 7:30pm
- Law Fair Day 2: Tuesday 29 October 2019: 5pm - 7:30pm
Important attendance information
Unless stated otherwise, you will not need to book to attend our fairs but, where no booking is required, please be aware that:
- You MUST provide valid UCL ID* to get in as all UCL Careers Fairs are ONLY open to current UCL students and recent graduates**
- You can arrive and leave whenever you like (i.e. you do not need to stay for the whole event)
- Please be aware these fairs are popular and you may need to queue on arrival before going in
- You will be able to queue from 5pm
- Last entry will be at 7.40pm, (20 minutes before the stated closing time)
- Fair Stewards and Security Staff will be on hand to show you where to queue
*We can't check your UCL study status at the event itself. Only forms of UCL ID as detailed on our website will be accepted. Without this, you will not get into the Fair.
**UCL graduates are only eligible to make use of UCL Careers events for up to two years after completing a UCL course as detailed on our website.
UCL Careers is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. This informs our provision for students with disabilities and/or long-term health conditions.
Our careers fairs are very popular and attract a large, busy crowd. We understand that students may have a variety of conditions that can present challenges in this type of environment.
If you have a disability or long-term health condition, you can request access to the quiet half hour at the start of our Careers Fairs. To attend the quiet access period, or to discuss any other access requirements, contact us at email@example.com.