At our popular Careers fairs, you'll get one-on-one time with a range of recruiters looking to hire UCL students and graduates.
Careers fairs Would you like to talk, one to one, with employers who might be interested in hiring you?
We run sector specific Careers Fairs, to give you the opportunity to meet employers and graduate recruiters who are looking to hire UCL graduates. By talking to representatives from a range of recruiting organisations, you will get a better idea of what it’s like to work in a particular sector or company, and whether it’s right for you. UCL Careers Fairs run annually include:
- Autumn Sector Themed Fairs
- Careers in China Fair
- Summer Jobs Market
As a UCL student or recent graduate, you’re welcome to attend all UCL Careers Fairs, no matter which course you are studying.
UCL China Careers Fair
Thursday 16 March, 10 am - 1 pm
Bookings open two weeks before
Summer Jobs Market
Autumn Sector Themed Fairs
Fair dates for Autumn 2023 will be released in September 2023.
What to expect and how to prepare
It's a great opportunity to speak to managers, recruitment personnel and recent graduate hires to find out about current opportunities, get inside information on hiring and selection processes, expand your professional networks as well as being a general chance to ask any other questions you may have.
A broad range of employers attend our fairs, from international organisations to small and medium businesses, so you can really compare what they have to offer.
The exhibitor profiles provided via the links below will allow you to do some initial research on the organisations you're interested in BEFORE you meet them at the fair.
We would also recommend that you read through the range of help sheets and resources recommended on our resource library on effective networking and the sector sheet about the fair you're attending, to better understand job roles, key employers and emploment opportunities, sources of sector news and information, and how UCL can help you:
- Management Consultancy
- Life and Health Sciences
- Banking & Finance, & Economics
- IT & Technology
- Engineering & the Built Environment
We will also run a series of lunchtime talks prior to each fair on effective networking at events as part of our Career Essentials programme which will provide tips and advice on making the most of your visit.
Programme & exhibitor information
Below you can find the dates and times of our Careers Fairs. Once each fair has been announced, you will be able to book your place two weeks in advance and find a full list of exhibitors for each fair with links to company profiles by logging in to your myUCLCareers account through the links below.
New employers are continually being added to the Careers Fairs so do check the event booking pages on myUCLCareers to view the most up to update list of employers.
If you missed any of our fairs this year, you can still view details of all the exhibitors and details of their opportunities if vacancy deadlines haven't already closed.
Important attendance information for all fairs
To be able to speak to any of the recruiters attending, it is essential that you book a place on your myUCLCareers account in advance.
Guidelines for making the most of the event
- Each recruiter attending will have their own In Person (On Campus) or 'virtual stand' depending on the day.
- Before the event we encourage you to look through the recruiter profiles provided below on their 'stand' to find out more about them and the current opportunities they have available and decide who you'd like to speak to on the day
- As a Virtual Fair starts, those registered to attend will be able to see a clickable 'Virtual stand' link on each of the stands shown below to access a virtual meeting space with that particular recruiter
- Each recruiter will host their own 'meeting space', different online chat platforms may be used, (Zoom, Microsoft Teams etc.), but each employer will provide instructions for joining where needed, (though this will typically just be a web browser, stable internet connection and a device with a camera / mic)
- Each recruiter will also manage how their own meeting space operates so you may find a mix of group chat with other attendees, a queuing system for one-to-one discussion with recruiter reps or chat box style Q&A - please follow each recruiter's lead on this
- You will be able to join / leave as many stands as you like over the duration of the event. Please therefore consider leaving busy stands and coming back to them later after you've tried others as you may then get more quality time with the reps
UCL Careers will also have a stand with members of our team on hand to answer any queries you might have about the event or your job hunting more generally - do pop in and see us.
Important Note: Booking for Virtual events will close 1 hour before the event start time. Anyone who hasn't registered by this time will not be able to join.
UCL graduates are only eligible to make use of UCL Careers events for up to three years after completing a UCL course as detailed on our who can use our services webpage.
Students with Disabilities and/or Long-term Health Conditions
We want to make sure that you have every opportunity to attend events run by UCL Careers.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to discuss any adjustments you might need to enable you to take part in the fairs. Most employers attending the online fairs will be using Zoom, MS Teams, or Google Hangouts – details of which platform each employer is using will be displayed when on each of their stands on the event profile.