What to expect
This series of lunchtime talks and experiential workshops led by our team of Career Consultants provide insight, advice and interactive opportunities to engage with all aspects of careers management and navigating selection processes, no matter where you are in your careers thinking.
- Understanding the graduate job and postgraduate study market
- Career decision-making
- Effective networking
- Writing successful applications
- Mock aptitude tests and personality profiling
- Interview success
- Finding, funding and applying for a PhD
- Getting to grips with LinkedIn and social media
Discussing disabilities and health conditions with employers
Career Essentials aims to equip you with the key know-how to begin to move forward and engage more confidently with 'Finding your Future'...
The programme of talks and workshops is repeated on a regular basis throughout the Autumn and Spring terms and again, post-exams, in the Summer.
- You MUST book a place in advance using your myUCLCareers account to be able to attend any Career Essentials event
- Bookings will open two weeks before each event takes place*
- If you change your mind, you must cancel your booking as soon as possible through myUCLCareers so that your place can be offered to someone else
- For email alerts on when you can book a place at specific events, we recommend that you update your myUCLCareers "email preferences" to sign up for our "Event update" emails
Slides, handouts and recordings
For all Career Essentials events, we aim to provide links to any resources, (Lecturecast recordings, presentation slides, information sheets etc.), where relevant / possible within a fortnight following the event. These will be linked to each event profile on myUCLCareers. If you attended the event, simply link back to it through your myUCLCareers event activity log to find these resources. Alternatively, using the events calendar, use the 'Event type' filter to find all Career Essentials events and scroll back through the calendar to find talks relevant to your area of interest to access the resources.
*For all of the topics covered by the talks programme though, if you have checked the upcoming event listings and there isn't another one scheduled for your topic of interest soon, you can find links to other key resources and services by following the relevant link from our homepage.