Web Content - grade 8
Example job roles: Digital Manager, Web Manager
Activities and responsibilities likely to be required when working at this level
- Contribute to digital strategy
- Content design and modelling
- Create and disseminate content guidelines and policies/ governance
- Design staff training programmes for web
- Manage other content producers/managers and supplier relationships
- implementing user research and UX best practice
- Using Google Analytics to inform strategy
- Project management and use of project management software
- Apply knowledge of enterprise and open source CMS platforms (e.g. Drupal)
- Apply knowledge of information security and digital accessibility
Personal and professional development
Development options to consider when working towards this level
On the job learning
- Expert user of CMS
- Understanding of Agile development methodology
Interactions with others
- Represent web standards at senior levels and championing best practice
- attending and speaking at relevant conferences
- get involved with informal sharing with other HE institutions
- UX training
- Content design
- Content strategy/taxonomy
Transferable skills and competencies
UCL uses the Universal Competency Framework (UCF) to discuss transferable skills. Find out more details on the framework.
Leading and supervising
Providing direction and co-ordinating action. Supervising and monitoring behaviour. Coaching. Delegating. Empowering staff. Motivating others. Developing staff. Identifying and recruiting talent.
Analysing and evaluating information. Testing assumptions and investigating. Producing solutions. Making judgements. Demonstrating systems thinking.
Relating and networking
- Building rapport. Networking. Relating across levels. Managing conflict. Using humour.
UCL Ways of Working
These describe expected behaviours in line with UCL culture and values. For Ways of Working indicators and steps to development please refer to the Ways of Working website.
“Career Pathway roles are indicative and are not intended to be a description of the role in terms of responsibilty and duties.