Register with a doctor

It is very important you are registered with a GP/doctor (you can use either term as, in this context, they mean the same thing) while you study at UCL so that you can get medical care if you need it.

YouTube Widget Placeholderhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lnv9HkXcK0

We strongly recommend that you register with a GP/doctor within the first few weeks of arriving in the UK. This will make sure your GP/doctor can process your registration and provide you with an NHS number in good time. You need to have an NHS number to have hospital treatment or if you need to be referred to a specialist clinician.

How to register with a GP/doctor

If you live in central or north London, you will likely fall within the catchment area for Ridgmount Practice, UCL’s partner health clinic, and should be able to register there. 

Ridgmount Practice provides general health care, a contraceptive service and a full nursing service.

You can find more information on the Ridgmount Practice website and start your student patient registration online here

If you live outside Ridgmount Practice’s catchment area, you can search for an NHS general practice near you on the NHS website, and you will need to contact them to find out how to register. Find your nearest GP/doctor's practice.

Additional health care information for non-UK students is available on the International Student Support website