Interruptions for postgraduate research students

Research degrees advice and support

If you are a research student and you have a question about interrupting or withdrawing, visit askUCL and log an enquiry.

Interruption of study application form for PGR students

Make sure you read the Postgraduate Research Interruption of Study Procedures (Part A, Section 2.7) and the information in these webpages before making an application. These include important information and details of where you can get help and support.

Once you have familiarised yourself with the process, you will need to submit the following form to your supervisor. You may apply for an interruption of up to one year in the first instance and for a maximum of two years in total.

Previous: Before you make a decision

Next: Visa and immigration requirements for interrupting students