Visa Document Guidelines


What type of course are you studying with us?

If you are not from the UK or Ireland you will need to provide a passport and evidence of a visa which permits study in the UK. You need to give your visa documents to the enrolment team here at UCL to show that you can study with us. However, the format of your visa will vary depending on the type of visa that you have applied for and how you applied for it. The type of visa that we are allowed to enrol you on will also depend on the type of programme that you are taking with us.

Please select the type of course you are studying from the options below. We will then tell you what visa documents you need to provide as part of the pre-enrolment task in Portico. 


Full-time Undergraduate course

e.g., Bsc Chemistry, BA Fine Art, MEng Engineering, MSci Natural Sciences 

A course which is 6 months or less

e.g., UCL Summer School and Affiliate programmes which last up to six months. 

Full-time Postgraduate Taught course

e.g., MBA Global

A course which is part-time, flexible, or via distance learning

e.g., MSc Systems Engineering Management (Part-time)

Full-time Postgraduate Research course

e.g., MPhil/PhD Institute for Women's Health

A course which is jointly run by UCL and a Partner Institution

e.g., MSc Transport