Simple steps to help you tackle your first assignment.
It won't be long before you'll be working on your first assignment. These simple steps will help you understand how to tackle it and find out more about the support on offer.
- Understand the assignment/assessment and its format.
- Familiarise yourself with the assessment criteria.
- Plan for your assignment. Make sure you ask any questions that you have.
- Check out UCL Library Services
- Understand what is meant by academic integrity.
- Gather materials and information effectively.
- Draft your answer first, then refine in subsequent drafts.
- Develop your academic voice.
- Proofread and submit your assignment, often using the TurnItIn tool.
Understanding and using Feedback
Once you've handed in your assignment, you'll get feedback on it. Understanding and using the feedback from your assignment is just as important as doing the assignment itself. It will help you understand what you have done well and what you need to do in order to improve. You may also want to discuss your feedback with someone, like your personal tutor.