Through the generous donations made by UCL alumni and friends, as well as UCL's own funding initiatives, we are able to offer additional awards to UK/EU students each year.
The Undergraduate Funding and Access Awards (UGFA) enable UK/EU undergraduate students, from a diverse range of backgrounds, to take up their offer of study at UCL. Listed below are the schemes available to those starting in the academic year 2020/21.
Application: Complete one application to be considered for multiple schemes, where you meet criteria
Available to: Prospective students
Eligibility criteria: Please check individual scheme pages (linked below)
Deadline: This scheme is now closed for 2020/21. Please check the individual scheme pages to see if the successful students have been informed.
- Please read the online guidance notes before you apply.
- You must hold an offer of a place to study at UCL for the academic year 2020/21 in order to apply.
- Please use the Student Finance Online Calculator before applying. It is highly recommended you apply to Student Finance England (or your regional funding authority) as early as possible. You do not need to wait for the outcome of their assessment before submitting your UCL funding application.
- If your Fee Status is unresolved, you will not be able to access the online application. Please contact Admissions immediately to resolve your Fee Status.
- Those opting not to take a maintenance loan can still be income-assessed by completing the PFF2 form.
How to apply
1. Login to Portico with your normal details.
2. Click on the ‘View’ button for the ‘Active Application’ that you wish to apply for funding for.
3. In the application screen, click on the ‘Funding’ tab in the menu at the top of the page.
4. You are now on the funding page. To find out which funds you are eligible to apply for click ***Check and apply*** under ‘Funds Available’.
5. Click on the scholarship name of the scheme that you wish to apply for.
The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be on 11.59pm BST, Friday 3 July 2020.
These awards are payable in addition to any funding received through the main UCL Undergraduate Bursary.
The UGFAs will be awarded by recommendation by a panel composed of UCL staff. The successful candidates will be notified as soon as decisions are made by mid-September. If you have not heard from us by Friday 18 September 2020, you may assume your application was unsuccessful.
Available awards 2020/21