Computers in Student Workrooms
We have over 20 computer workrooms across campus running the desktop@UCL service and these are available for use by all UCL students and staff. So if you are using the computers in the rooms to aid your studies or teaching a class then you will find everything you need to know here about how to use the computers.
Using the computers in computer workrooms
desktop@UCL PC is the windows 7 desktop service available on the computers in student computer workrooms.
Getting started with desktop@UCL
- How to log on to a desktop@UCL PC in a computer workroom or lecture theatre
- What's on the Windows desktop?
Customising your desktop
- Changing the screen resolution on your desktop
- Changing the windows colour scheme
- Pinning Items to the Start menu on your desktop
- Searching for programs, applications & files using the Start menu search
- Using USB storage devices
- Scanning for viruses using Endpoint software
Using PDF documents
- Creating PDF Files from File Explorer
- Creating PDF files from Microsoft Word 2013
- Creating PDF files using PDF Create Assistant
- Converting PDF using PDF Converter Assistant
- Request additional software applications for desktop@UCL in lecture theatres & student workrooms (via Remedyforce system) - Staff only *
* Students should discuss any additional software requirements with their course leader
Find a computer workroom
Printing, copying & scanning in workrooms
print@UCL is a sustainable and highly available print service that allows UCL's staff and students to print, copy, scan and fax quickly and easily across UCL.