Please note that Queen Square Library is closed until further notice due to the Covid-19 outbreak. Library staff are working from home and will continue to provide services remotely. Please contact us at email@example.com.
For updates and more information about library services and support, please check the UCL Library Services web site.
The A-Z list below gives details of our printed journal collection. Journals at the Queen Square Library are also listed in Explore (the library catalogue). Please also see the electronic journals lists. If you cannot obtain the journal you require, please contact the library.
See also our print journal holding list in
Finding & using journals in the Queen Square Library & UCL
Journals are for use in the library only. Permission may be given for registered users based in Queen Square to borrow issues on the condition that they are returned within an hour. The printed journal collection is housed in the following locations:
- Main journal collection: the main printed journal collection is kept in the library on the 1st Floor, 23 Queen Square.
- Current journal issues: the current issue of each journal is displayed near the library information desk. A list of new issues can be found on our journals received this week page.
Neurology Store: some older journals are kept in the Neurology store in Queen Square. Please ask library staff to request an item from the Neurology Store. You may use any of the following methods:
- complete a request form at the desk and hand it to a member of library staff
- contact the library (by phone or email)
- Library staff collect items from the Neurology Store at 10.30am and 2.30pm each day and items will be available within 30 minutes of that time.
- Journals kept in the UCL Stores can be requested via the Stores Service using the Store Request Form.
Is the journal available online?
- Please check the ejournals page (please note that some ejournals require you to log in).
Is the journal held outside UCL?
- Search for journals held by libraries outside UCL via each library's catalogue. A list of key libraries can be found via our other libraries page (including the British Library, Wellcome Library, BMA etc.).
- To obtain a copy of an article from another library use the Interlibrary Loan / Document Delivery service. This service is available to registered library users based in Queen Square and Wakefield Street (including IoN staff & students, NHNN staff, and UCL staff based in Queen Square). For more information about the service see the Interlibrary Loans page. Please note that a charge is made for this service.
Journals with video tape, CD-ROM or DVD content
A small number of older journal issues have an accompanying video tape, CD-ROM or DVD, some of which are available to borrow overnight, for registered library users only. Library computers do not have disc drives so you will need to have your own computer with a disc-drive to view the content. The Library does have a video player; please contact us to make an appointment if you need to view a video.
Each video and disc was tested when it was received. However, the lifespan of digital media is limited and software can become obsolete over time, so we cannot guarantee that the media will work. This particularly applies to older items.
|American Journal of Neuroradiology||Archive 1995, 1996, 1997||Disc 1|
|American Journal of Neuroradiology||Archive 1997-99 vol.18-20||Disc 2|
|Anesthesiology||2000 Annual Meeting Abstracts||Disc 22|
|Anesthesiology||2001 Annual Meeting Abstracts||Disc 24|
|Anesthesiology||2003 Annual Meeting Abstracts||Disc 62|
|Anesthesiology||2004 Annual Meeting Abstracts||Disc 71|
|Anesthesiology||2005 Annual Meeting Abstracts||Disc 72|
|Anesthesiology||2006 Annual Meeting Abstracts||Disc 73|
|Anesthesiology||2007 Annual Meeting Abstracts||Disc 101|
|Annals of Neurology||30th anniv. commemorative CD-ROM, 2007||Disc 96|
|Cerebrovascular Diseases||2002 Annual Meeting Abstracts||Disc 51|
|Cerebrovascular Diseases||2003 Annual Meeting Abstracts||Disc 52|
|Cerebrovascular Diseases||2004 Annual Meeting Abstracts||Disc 68|
|Cerebrovascular Diseases||2006 Annual Meeting Abstracts||Disc 53|
|Epilepsia||2006 Meeting Abstracts||Disc 107|
|Epilepsia||2009 Meeting Abstracts||Disc 6|
|Eye news||State of the art refractive & cataract surgery supplement, 2005||Disc 35|
|Headache & Cephalagia||Archive to 1995||Disc 3|
|Headache & Cephalagia||Archive to 2002||Disc 65 & 66|
|Movement Disorders||Pediatric supplement, 2003||Disc 64|
|Movement Disorders||vol.17(1-6) videos 2002||Disc 69|
|Movement Disorders||vol.18(1-12) videos 2003||Disc 67|
|Movement Disorders||vol.19(1-6) videos 2004||Disc 70|
|Movement Disorders||vol.19(7-12) videos 2004||Disc 59|
|Movement Disorders||vol.20(1-6) videos 2005||Disc 104|
|Movement Disorders||vol.20(7-12) videos 2005||Disc 94|
|Movement Disorders||vol.21(1-6) videos 2006||Disc 95|
|Movement Disorders||vol.21(7-12) videos 2006||Disc 100|
|Movement Disorders||vol.22(1-8) videos 2007||Disc 97|
|Movement Disorders||vol.22(9-16) videos 2007||Disc 98|
|Movement Disorders||vol.22(suppl.18) videos 2007||Disc 121|
|Movement Disorders||vol.23(1-8) videos 2008||Disc 122|
|Movement Disorders||vol.23(9-16) videos 2008||Disc 81|
|Movement Disorders||vol.24(1-8) videos 2009||Disc 91|
|Nature||Plasmodium genome supplement, 2002||Disc 58|
|Nature||Human genome supplement, 2006||Disc 105|
|Neuroimage||2002 Annual Meeting Abstracts||Disc 48|
|Neuroimage||2003 Annual Meeting Abstracts||Disc 47|
|Neuroimage||2004 Annual Meeting Abstracts||Disc 63|
|Neuroimage||2005 Annual Meeting Abstracts||Disc 74|
|Neuroimage||2006 Annual Meeting Abstracts||Disc 60|
|Neuroimage||2007 Annual Meeting Abstracts||Disc 106|
|Neurosurgery||Supplement: Thoracolumbar spinal deformity: evaluation and treatment||Disc 9|
|Neurosurgical Focus||10th anniversary CD, 2007||Disc 23|
|Neurosurgical Focus||Bone fusion supplement, 2001||Disc 49|
|Neurosurgical Focus||Cervical spine supplement, 2002||Disc 50|
|Sleep||Archives Volume 22, 1999||Disc 21|
|Spine||Archives vol.1(1)-vol.30(24)||Disc 15|