Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- To identify and remove systemic and cultural barriers for career progression at IoN.
- To implement change and increase representation at all levels of the IoN - particularly at the most senior levels, where women and minorities are underrepresented.
- To give a voice to all and champions for the underrepresented.
- Be an active voice of dissent against bullying and harassment of students and staff.
- Raise awareness and lobby to achieve fairness and equity of opportunities for all.
- To ensure all of our initiatives cover academic and professional & technical support staff employed at the IoN.
- To ensure we amplify all voices and concerns.
"The current culture in the Institute is inclusive. Teamwork is highly valued, individual strengths are recognized and celebrated, and there is a commitment to advancing the careers of everyone, regardless of gender or role. We aim to provide a family friendly environment where both women and men feel able to take the time they need for family."
EDI Deputy Institute Director
Professor Helene Plun-Favreau is our EDI Deputy Institute Director.
“I am delighted to be appointed IoN EDI Deputy Director. I will bring all my energy, enthusiasm and determination to build an even more diverse and inclusive community at the IoN, and more generally at UCL”