Access for UCL staff and students
UCL staff and students have access to a wide range of online information sources using their UCL computing account. Login details identify you as a member of UCL and enable you to access sources that the university has purchased, including ejournals, ebooks and databases.
- You are advised to make use of our online resources, especially if working off campus, via the Library Services website and preferably via UCL Explore, which will make the login process easier.
- Current staff and students of UCL, and honorary members of staff should have a UCL computing account which gives access to computing facilities within UCL, various parts of the UCL intranet as well as online resources.
- Please visit the UCL page about how to log in.
- If you do not have a UCL account, first check that you are registered as a member of UCL staff (via Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org) or as a UCL student (via the Education Team at email@example.com).
- Troubleshooting - if your password has expired, please contact IT Services. If you are certain that you are using the correct password and are still having problems logging in you can complete the online form or contact the library.
Access for NHS staff
NHS staff can register for an NHS OpenAthens account. Login details identify you as an NHS staff member and enable you to access online sources purchased by the NHS (funded nationally, regionally and locally) - including ejournals and databases. Remember that you can access additional online resource purchased by UCL (the university) using E-Access Points based in the library. Please contact us for more details.
- IMPORTANT: use a computer connected to the NHS network or use your UCLH/NHS email address.
- Go to the online registration form and read the eligibility notes, remembering to tick the box agreeing to the Terms & Conditions.
- Enter your email address and click Continue.
- Search for your organisation (for the best results search for NHNN or UCLH) and click Continue.
- Enter your personal details and then click Submit.
- You will receive an email containing a link; you must click the link to complete the process and to choose a password for your account.
- If you move to another NHS organisation, you can Change organisation after logging into your OpenAthens account, remembering to use an NHS computer and/or your NHS email address.
- NHS accounts - you can check the status of your NHS OpenAthens account by logging into your OpenAthens account and you may reset your password online if you are working from a computer within the NHS network. If you would like any help, please contact the library.