For further information on matters of compliance managed across UCL, including policies which describe how UCL discharges its responsibilities in order to ensure compliance with its legal obligations.
Anti-corruption and Bribery Policy
The UCL Anti-corruption and Bribery Policy sets out information about how UCL upholds the Bribery Act 2010 and its responsibilities around bribery and corruption.
The UCL Brexit webpages set out how UCL has planned for and responded to Brexit.
For information about how UCL ensures compliance with consumer protection law and Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) guidance including guidance and training for staff Consumer Protection.
For information about how UCL ensures compliance with Data Protection Act (DPA 2018) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is implemented at UCL including and guidance and training for staff Data Protection.
Dignity at UCL
For information about UCL’s policies towards harassment, intimidation and bullying, as well as advice for staff and students see Dignity at UCL.
Disclosure of Conflict and Declaration of Interest Policy
Find information and guidance on the UCL Disclosure of Conflict and Declaration of Interest Policy.
Equality at UCL
UCL’s Fraud Policy sets out UCL’s framework for the investigation and resolution of allegations of financial irregularity made against employees of UCL.
Freedom of Information
For information about how UCL ensures compliance with the Freedom of Information Act 2020 including staff guidelines Freedom of Information.
Freedom of Speech
UCL’s Code of Practice on Freedom of Speech enables UCL to fulfil its legal obligations to promote freedom of speech, whilst at the same time fulfilling its other legal obligations and statutory duties.
Gifts and Hospitality Policy
UCL’s Gifts and Hospitality Policy provides guidance to UCL staff when it is and is not acceptable to accept gifts or hospitality from external parties.
Intellectual Property Policy
The UCL Intellectual Property Policy helps staff and students understand intellectual property rights and how they apply to copyright, patents and other related forms of intellectual assets.
Joint Research Office
The Joint Research Office (JRO) supports the development and growth of a high quality clinical research portfolio at UCL and UCLH.
Modern Day Slavery Statement
UCL Modern Day Slavery Statement sets out the steps that UCL has undertaken to to ensure that modern day slavery is not taking place in its business or supply chains.
Office for Students (OfS)
For information about how UCL ensures compliance with the Office for Students’ regulatory framework and ongoing conditions of registration.
Papers funded in whole or in part by the UK Research Councils must meet the UKRI open access requirements. See relevant Library Services webpages on Open Access.
Public Interest Disclosure Policy
UCL’s Public Interest Disclosure Policy Statement sets out how public disclosures should be made for protection under the Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998 and how each case will then be handled.
Research Ethics webpages set out how research should be undertaken according to ethical guidelines, the relevant codes of conduct and in line with legal requirements such as the Human Tissue Act 2004 and Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986.
Research and Innovation Services
Research and Innovation Services are UCL’s Institutional Authority for external funding which is classified as sponsored research as required by Research England and the Charity Commission. They advise and assist UCL researchers when applying for external research funding.
Right to Work and Immigration
For information about changes to UK immigration and right to work from 1 January 2021 Right to Work and Immigration
There are a number of Safeguarding Policies for different activities at UCL:
- Prevent at UCL webpages set out information on UCL’s approach to the duty, the policy framework, training as well as student of concern procedure and safeguarding against online harm during periods of remote learning.
- The Safeguarding Children and Adults at Risk Policy and Procedure Policy sets out the standards of behaviour when working with vulnerable groups.
- The Widening participation child protection and safeguarding policy sets out the policy for staff and students working on UCL Access and Widening Participation activities.
- The Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015 (CTSA) creates a statutory duty for UCL to 'have due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism'.
- The UCL Day Nursery Safeguarding Children Policy sets out policy for staff working in the UCL Day Nursey, how children will be safeguarded and confirms the policies compliance with government guidance.
- The DBS Checks and Criminal Convictions Policy outlines UCL’s approach DBS checks and recruitment of staff/volunteers with criminal convictions, as well as those who are barred from working with vulnerable groups.
Safety Services provide advice and practical tools to support UCL’s compliance with its statutory obligations around Health and Safety including information on UCL’s Health and Safety Policy.
UCL’s long term success and continued excellence is dependent on the quality of our suppliers and ensuring they align with UCL's supply chain policy.
Student Visa Engagement Monitoring Policy
Student Visa Engagement Monitoring Policy and Guidance sets out temporary concessions on student visa engagement monitoring in response to the Covid-19 outbreak.