- Essentials & Benefits
- Student Records
- Research Degrees
- Student Centre
- IOE Students
Rail Strikes and Examinations- Latest Advice
It has been announced that the Rail Maritime and Transport (RMT) Union have cancelled planned strike action which was due to disrupt services on 25th and 26th May. All services will now run as normal on the above dates and there will be no impact on students travelling to examinations.
Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Sir William Meyer Travelling Studentships
Founded in 1961 from the income of the bequest in 1922 of £3000 of Sir William Meyer, Fellow of the College, `for the encouragement of proficiency in European History and in the History and Geography of India'
- Travelling Studentships, known as the Sir William Meyer Travelling
Studentships, may be awarded in each session.
- The Studentships are awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the
Faculty of Social & Historical Sciences.
- The Studentships are awarded to undergraduate and
postgraduate students of
the Department of History, always provided that at least two
given to undergraduate students.
- The value of each Studentship is not less than £150.
- Applications must reach the Head of the History
Department by 31 January
- Holders of the Studentship are required to follow an
approved scheme of
travel outside the British Isles and to submit
a report on this travel on its
- The qualifications of candidates are considered by the
Head of the
Department of History.
- The awards are announced in February.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 15 feb 12 10:52