- Essentials & Benefits
- Student Records
- Research Degrees
- Student Centre
- IOE Students
Rail Strikes and Examinations- Latest Advice
It has been announced that the Rail Maritime and Transport (RMT) Union have cancelled planned strike action which was due to disrupt services on 25th and 26th May. All services will now run as normal on the above dates and there will be no impact on students travelling to examinations.
Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Old Students' Association Trust Scholarships
1. Two awards known as the Old Students' Association Scholarships will be available each session.
2. Awards are open to currently enrolled Undergraduate and M.Phil./PhD students only. Students entering the first year of their programme or are entering Continuing Research Status (CRS) are not eligible.
3. Eligible candidates will be identified by the Student Funding Office on the basis of departmental recommendations under the Graduate Research Scholarship (GRS), Overseas Research Scholarship (ORS) and Faculty Undergraduate Scholarships for Excellence (FUGSE) schemes. Unsuccessful candidates from those schemes entering their second or third year (third year only for undergraduates) will be sent an application form which will need to be submitted by a specified deadline prior to the start of the academic year for which the award is made.
4. The Scholarships are awarded primarily for academic excellence demonstrated in the student's current degree programme. Financial circumstances will also be taken into account.
5. Applications will be considered by a panel comprised of members and/or nominated representatives of the Old Students’ Association, who will make recommendations for awards to be approved by the Committee of the Trust appointed by the College in accordance with the OSA Trust Deed.
6. The value of each award is £1,500 and is tenable for 1 year.
7. Awards will be announced in October.
8. The scholarship will be payable to the recipient in 1 instalment in November.
9. Recipients of a Scholarship may be eligible for a further award in a succeeding year of their programme.
10. The scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries.
11. All awards are subject to the provisions of the UCL’s General Regulations for Scholarships, Awards, Bursaries, Prizes and Medals.
Please note that for 2015/16, there are two awards of £1,500 available. Eligible candidates will receive an email to their UCL accounts in mid-August inviting them to apply before the deadline of Friday 18 September 2015. If you do not receive an invitation email, you are ineligible for this scheme and are therefore unable to apply.
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of October.
Page Editors : Student Funding
Page last modified on 27 may 15 14:24