The following are just a few examples of experimental programmes that we would like to develop. There is, however, a high degree of flexibility in order to suit students' interests, especially if you feel that you are excited by different problems in this area.
All the post-graduate projects listed below will provide an opportunity for an enriching, interdisciplinary research experience which will include exposure to a variety of (nanoscale) investigation/fabrication tools, and to a wide range of collaborations with theorists, chemists, engineers, material scientists, and industrial partners, in the UK as well as overseas.
- Nano-optics with the Scanning Near-field Optical Microscope
- Lateral patterning of Organic Nanostructures
- Supramolecular Electronics
- AFM of self-organised polymer nanostructures in phase separated polymer blends and molecular wires
- Electroabsorption of polymer Light-Emitting Diodes and Photovoltaic Cells
- Modelling of charge transport in organic LEDs
- Organic Spintronics
- Time-resolved fluorescence via Time-Correlated Single-Photon Counting