Outreach at The Bartlett
We want to boost and widen higher education access for underrepresented groups. In order to do this we currently work with numerous organisations, schools, communities and students of all ages (Pre and Post-16).
Our goal is not only to increase diversity but to improve inclusivity and to raise awareness for the Bartlett.
Schools we work with
In order to widen access to The Bartlett for underrepresented groups, we prioritise working with schools that meet two or more of our criteria:
- High Widening Participation intake (at pre and/or post 16)
- Low performing schools
- Postcode data showing levels of deprivation and progression to higher education
- Non selective state schools
- High achieving students with a keen interest in creative subjects (Design technology, Art or any that has expressed to teachers that they are interested in architecture, planning or construction)
- The Bartlett School of Urban Planning release a monthly podcast, each one discusses a current research project being undertaken at the school of planning and is presented by professor Yvonne Rydin who also interviews the researcher. Listen to The Bartlett Planning Podcasts here.
- The UCL undergraduate open day will now be taking place virtually, the Bartlett's online open day will be on Monday, June 29. Pre-register for the Open Day here.
- The Bartlett outreach team and the STORES Projects will be hosting a free online architecture course for eligible students between ages 15 and 18. Find out more about STORES and how to apply for the course here.
- UCL Study Prep is UCL's free online university preparation course designed to help Year 12 and 13 students understand more about university life and study from home.
Visit The Bartlett
If you would like to bring your students to visit The Bartlett we are very happy to arrange this for groups of 30 or fewer students. Your visit could include the following activities:
- Campus Tours
- Talks from academics and current students
- Q&A sessions
- Taster lectures
- Tailored workshops
Is there something specific that you are interested in? Let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you. Email: Bartlett.email@example.com
Visits to your school
Would you prefer for The Bartlett to come to you?
For students in Year 6-9 one of our fantastic student ambassadors can visit your school to talk to your students about what the built environment is and get them thinking about the spaces around them.
For older students one of our academics can visit to give your students a more detailed understanding of what it is like to study the built environment at university, and answer their questions about applying, portfolios, and careers in this area.
Please also invite us to your HE fairs and career days and we will always do our very best to attend.
Please get in touch at least a month in advance of any proposed activity.
Architecture after school club
The Architecture after school club aims to introduce young secondary school students in Year 9 and 10 to new skills and approaches similar to ones taught in The Bartlett School of Architecture. If you would like your school to be involved please get in touch with us via email: Bartlett.firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the club take a look at our pilot scheme.
Accelerate with Open City
Accelerate is a mentoring scheme that is open to students in Year 11 – 13 with a keen interest in architecture. From September 2020 The Bartlett will be expanding the subject area to include urban planning and construction.
Bartlett Outreach Ambassadors
The Bartlett Outreach Team won’t be able to carry out all these activities without our amazing outreach ambassadors. Our ambassadors assist on school visits, support Bartlett staff and share their experiences as a Bartlett student with our prospective students.
If you are a current Bartlett student (UG or PG) and would like to be a BOA please complete the very shot form link below and we will be in touch with you shortly.
If you have any questions, email the Bartlett Outreach Team on Bartlett.email@example.com