Announcing the Here East Lunchtime Lecture Series
14 May 2020
Here East has launched a series of lunchtime lectures, keeping the community connected while working from home, Monday-Thursdays.
The Bartlett School of Architecture at Here East has announced a series of themed lunchtime lectures at 13:00 (BST) on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Each lecture is hosted on Blackboard. Guests can attend each lecture by using the link below and logging in before the lecture starts.
Performance Interactions (Mondays)
Bringing together an international lineup of artists, designers and curators working in fields of performance and interaction. We'll learn about how their careers developed and their perspectives on how the current crisis is impacting them and their future outlook.
- 4 May: Madeline Gannon
- 11 May: Regine Debatty
- 18 May: Andreas Refsgaard
- 25 May: Irini Papadimitriou
- 1 June: Matt Wade
- 8 June: Jose Luis de Vicente
- 15 June: George Profenza
- 22 June: Sougwen Chung
Making Magic Happen (Tuesdays)
Curated by Jessica In (Tutor, Design for Performance and Interaction MArch)
Featuring artists, programmers, developers and technologists, this series will give backstage insight into how our speakers' design and technical skills have made the magic happen in their respective fields, including architecture, design, software dev, fabrication, performance and interaction.
- 5 May: Gwyllim Jahn
- 12 May: Yi-Wen Lin
- 19 May: Dr Mariana Popescu
- 26 May: George Adamopoulos
- 2 June: Dominik Zisch
- 9 June: Will Gallia
- 16 June: Amy Goodchild
- 23 June: Maria Smigielska
Possible Futures (Wednesdays)
Curated by Christine Wurth (Graduate, Design for Performance & Interaction MArch)
This series explores different ways to engage with and to shape our collective futures. We will hear from inspiring creatives, researchers, and activists that employ critical and speculative approaches to design and technology in their practice to question how ethical, inclusive and future-facing the industry currently is.
- 1 May: Ava Aghakouchak
- 6 May: Cennydd Bowles
- 13 May: J. Paul Neele
- 20 May: Caroline Sinders
- 3 June: Anab Jain
- 10 June: Mariana Pestana
- 17 June: Stuart Candy
- 24 June: Elsa Sotiriadis
B-made Hosts (Thursdays)
A series of lectures from B-made exploring design, making and materials.
- 30 April: Ben Spong (Designing and Making Through Drawing)
- 7 May: Nicola Hornaeker (Green Material Design)
- 14 May: Bim Burton (Wood)
- 21 May: Melis Van Den Berg (Bronze Casting) and Ben Lee: (Aluminium Casting)
- 28 May: Sienna Griffin-Shaw (Design from Manufacturing) and Viktoria Viktorija (Glass and Ceramic)
- 4 June: Martyn Carter (Design for Moving Parts – 3D Printed Assemblies)
- 11 June: Pradeep Devadass (Robot Talk)
Image: When in Dome, by Amy Goodchild, Design for Performance & Interaction student, 2018.