The TRO provides practical support to Principal Investigators wishing to navigate the translational pathway for their project, to facilitate development of the project to therapeutic benefit.
Over £9.7M funding provided to support early stage proof-of-concept projects.
*Figures last updated April 2021
Practical support to deliver impact
Translational research project support, provided by the Translational Research Group (TRG) within the TRO:
- Build translational strategy and identity development critical path
- Advise on funding applications
- Facilitate regulatory meetings, such as with the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) innovations office and European Medicines Agency (EMA)
- Project and risk management of milestone driven projects
- Manage Contract Research Organisation (CRO) outsourced studies (e.g. GLP toxicology and GMP manufacture)
- Provide funder liaison and reporting