Meet the team and browse TRO contacts by function to find the most relevant contact within the team, who will be happy to help you meet your translational research needs.
Translational Research Office (TRO) key contacts:
- Translational Research Team
- Industry Partnerships Team
- Translational Education Team
Director, Translational Research Office: Jane Kinghorn
Jane has extensive experience in developing therapies (of differing modalities) to clinical benefit gained from >20 years working in large pharma and academia. Her experience has spanned the drug discovery pathway, leading projects through target validation, lead optimisation, candidate selection through to the clinic and regulatory affairs.
Jane as Director of the Translational Research office is responsible for a team of highly experienced applied scientists tasked with establishing the organisational culture, capability and processes necessary to deliver the UCL and BRCs mission of "Accelerating translation for health and wealth".
PA to Director: Eileen McCann
- Funding application advice and support to help you secure translational funding
- Project and risk management of milestone driven projects
- Advice on regulatory strategy
Head, Translational Research Group (TRG): Pamela Tranter
- Help with finding the right biomedical academic/industry partner
- Industry partnership management and advice for healthcare-based collaborations
Head, Business and Innovation Group (B&IG): Basma Jeelani
- Training in translational research and information on the translational education resources and events available at UCL
- Assistance in developing new translational training courses at all levels
Translational Training and Research Project Manager: Judy Hayler
- Newsletters, social media and promotions
- TRO/Therapeutic Innovation Networks (TINs) events and collaborations
The TRO are located in UCL Maple House, 149 Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T 7NF. Directions to UCL Maple House can be found here.