Green Impact empowers UCL departments to improve their sustainability impact, to support UCL’s Sustainability Strategy.
- How to get involved?
- Check if your area of work already has a Faculty Lead Green Champion you can connect with.
- If you don't have a Champion, contact your Sustainability Business Partner.
- Register with an existing team, or create a new one on the Green Impact Online Toolkit.
- Stay up to date by signing up to the Green Champions Mailing List.
- Join the Green Champions Network Teams site for tips.
- Work through our interactive online workbook to make positive changes within your department or office.
- Gather evidence of your positive actions and submit it to the Green Impact team.
- Earn points and work your way up the levels (Bronze, Silver and then Gold)
- Student volunteers audit teams in May to check that the workbooks have been completed
- All accreditations are acknowledged at the Annual Sustainability Awards.
- Training and Guidance
Take the Change possible: Sustainable UCL course on UCL's mandatory training page.
- The Green Champions Network and Mailing List are key sources of information throughout the year.
- Faculty Lead Green Champions support members of staff in their faculty to complete Green Impact. They should be your first point of contact for questions relating to the programme. Find your Faculty Lead Green Champion.
- For those who do not yet have a Faculty Lead Green Champion, you should contact your Sustainability Business Partner. Your Business Partner is someone from the Sustainable UCL Team who has been assigned to your faculty or business area, and can act as a point of contact for any questions you have relating to Green Impact.
- Get help from Student Sustainability Ambassadors
Students are trained as Sustainability Ambassadors to help teams complete the workbooks. They can help you choose actions, gather evidence, and submit your work to fulfill your Sustainability Plans.
Apply to work with a Sustainability Ambassador by the 12 October 2023
- Key Dates
- The toolkit is reviewed every summer and launched in September 2023.
- Deadline for staff to apply for a Student Sustainability Ambassador: 12 October 2023.
- Deadline for students to apply to become a Sustainability Ambassador: 12 October 2023
- Staff and students are notified of their pairing by 19 October 2023.
- First meetings between staff and students to be arranged between them within Term 1.
- Green Impact Submission deadline: 13 May 2024.
- Green Impact Audits: 28 and 29 May 2024.
- Awards Ceremony: July 2024. See 2023 Sustainability Award winners
- Workbook Guidance
- Access the workbook on the Green Impact Online Toolkit, which contains all essential information about completing the criteria, including links to relevant resources and key contacts.
Faculty Workbook to complete Library, Culture, Collections and Open Spaces (LCCOS) Library Workbook only Central Library Team
Central Library Team workbook
Office space staff Office workbook only Residences Resident specific workbook Central Residence Team Central Residence Team workbook. Lab workers Please refer to our LEAF pages
View resources created to help teams complete Green Impact. Each resource has been organised into Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Sustainability Plans, and signposted towards the relevant criteria.