Sustainable travel commitments
Connectivity is a key part of academic endeavour, whether for meetings with global partners, undertaking field research or speaking at conferences. However, achieving this connectivity by physically travelling has a significant impact on the climate.
What is UCL doing?
- Creating a campus where active travel is easy and encouraged.
- Travel policy that all staff must travel in the most carbon-efficient way, despite the cost.
- New travel provider (Clarity Travel) contract that calculates the carbon footprint of your travel.
- Updated Travel Expense Policy for travel spend encouraging low-carbon travel.
- Improving opportunities to work with international partners without the need to travel.
> Learn about our impact on our travel initiatives from our Annual Report.