- How does Green Impact work?
The scheme works around an online, interactive workbook which gives students and staff the structure to make positive changes to their department or office. The workbook has a range of sustainability actions which are directly fed into the aims of UCL's Sustainability Strategy.
- Teams start with the Bronze workbook before moving towards the Silver and Gold workbooks.
- Once teams have completed the Bronze Award they can choose to create a bespoke sustainability project for their office or department.
- Students are trained as Green Impact Project Assistants to help teams complete the workbooks and projects.
- Students audit teams in May to check the workbooks and projects have been completed.
- In July there is a Sustainability Awards Ceremony to celebrate the acheivements of our Champions.
- Last year 60 departments took part in the competition - this year we want more!
- How can I take part?
- If you are a member of staff you can volunteer as a Green Green Champion to partake - see here.
- If you are a student you can volunteer as a Green Imapact Project Assistant of Auditor - see here.
- Access the workbook here
- Create your bespoke sustainability project here
- Bronze: Complete the 20 actions in the Bronze section
- Silver: Complete the 36 actions in the Silver section
- Gold: Complete the 51 actions in the Gold section
- Teams who have completed Bronze Award may undertake a project of their choice: see the project workbook guide for scoring.
- Key dates
- The toolkit is reviewed every summer and launches in September Green Impact Launch and Training: 2nd October 2019 12 - 1pm
- Green Impact Project Assistant application deadline: 8th October 2019 10pm
- Green Impact Project Assistant Training: 16 October 2019 1- 4pm
- Sustainable Buying in the Workplace - Tuesday 28th January, 1-2pm, Chadwick Building Room G07
- Environment and Behaviour Change - Thursday 27th February, 1-2pm, Chadwick Building Room G07
- Green Impact Submission deadline: 15th May 2020
- Green Impact Audits: 27th May 2020 Awards Ceremony: Mid July 2020
- Green Champion Forum
Join the Green Champion forum to share resources and meet and discuss sustainability topics with other UCL Green Champions.
- There is £500 worth of funding available per academic year for staff, students and teams undertaking sustainability projects.
- Please see the Projects Guide for more information.