- How does Green Impact work?
The scheme works around an online, interactive workbook which gives students and staff the structure to make positive changes to their department or office. The workbook has a range of sustainability actions which are directly fed into the aims of UCL's Sustainability Strategy.
- Teams start with the Bronze workbook before moving towards the Silver and Gold workbooks.
- Once teams have completed the Bronze Award they can choose to create a bespoke sustainability plan for their office or department. Working with Sustainable UCL you will identify your biggest sustainability opportunities and challenges, and create fun and engaging projects which will make a large impact. Apply for a student by 2nd November here.
- Students are trained as Sustainability Ambassadors to help teams complete the workbooks and projects.
- Students audit teams in May to check the workbooks and projects have been completed.
- In July there is a Sustainability Awards Ceremony to celebrate the acheivements of our Champions.
- Last year 60 departments took part in the competition - this year we want more!
- How can I take part?
- Bronze: Complete the 18 actions in the Bronze section
- Silver: Complete the 17 actions in the Silver section
- Gold: Complete the 16 actions in the Gold section
- Teams who have completed Bronze Award may undertake a Sustainability Plan (see workbook for guidance).
- Key dates
- The toolkit is reviewed every summer and launches on October 29th, 12 - 1pm
- Deadline for staff to apply for a Student Sustainability Ambassador: 2nd November 2020
- Deadline for students to apply to become a Sustainability Ambassador: 4th November 2020
- Staff and students are notfied of their pairing by Monday 9th November 2020
- Online training for Students: 16th November 2020, opportunity for staff and students to meet
- Green Impact Submission deadline: 21st May 2020
- Green Impact Audits: 31st May 2020
- Awards Ceremony: Mid July 2020
- Green Champion Forum
Join the Green Champion forum to share resources and meet and discuss sustainability topics with other UCL Green Champions.
- There is £500 worth of funding available per academic year for staff, students and teams undertaking sustainability projects.
Resources can be found on the Wild Bloomsbury, Positive Climate and The Loop pages.