How does Green Impact work?
- The scheme works around an online, interactive workbook which gives students and staff the structure to make positive changes to their department or office. The workbook has a range of sustainability actions which are directly fed into the aims of UCL's Sustainability Strategy.
- Teams start with the Bronze workbook before moving towards the Silver and Gold workbooks.
- Once teams have completed the Bronze Award they can choose to create a bespoke sustainability project for their office or department.
- Students are trained as Green Impact Project Assistants to help teams complete the workbooks and projects.
- Students audit teams in May to check the workbooks and projects have been completed.
- In July there is a Sustainability Awards Ceremony to celebrate the acheivements of our Sustainability Champions.
- Last year 60 departments took part in the competition - this year we want more!
How can I take part?
- If you are a member of staff you can volunteer as a Sustainability Champion to partake - see here.
- If you are a student you can volunteer as a Green Imapact Project Assistant of Auditor - see here.
- Access the workbook here
- Create your bespoke sustainability project here
• Bronze: Complete the 20 actions in the Bronze section
• Silver: Complete the 36 actions in the Silver section
• Gold: Complete the 51 actions in the Gold section
Teams who have completed Bronze Award may undertake a project of their choice: see the project workbook guide for scoring.
- Key Dates
- Toolkit is currently being reviewed. It will be live by September 14th 2019
- Green Impact Launch and Training: 2nd October 2019 12 - 1pm
- Green Impact Project Assistant application deadline: 8th October 2019 10pm
- Green Impact Project Assistant Training: 16 October 2019 1- 4pm
- Green Impact Submission deadline: 15th May 2020
- Green Impact Audits: 27th May 2020
- Awards Ceremony: Mid July 2020
- Training and Workshops
- Coming soon!
- Green Champion forum
Join the Green Champion forum to share resources and meet and discuss sustainability topics with other UCL Green Champions.
There is £500 worth of funding available per academic year for staff, students and teams undertaking sustainability projects. Please see the Projects Guide for more information.