Non-Student visa immigration advice

Find an immigration adviser

You can obtain immigration advice if you require assistance obtaining permission to stay in the UK. Immigration advisers can help you with most topics related immigration, including assistance with completing the correct application forms and representing you at a tribunal. However please note that Advisers cannot make immigration decisions and can only give you advice.

Registered immigration advisers

The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisers and ensures they meet certain standards. For example, advisers must:

  • carry insurance against giving poor advice
  • keep up to date with current immigration advice

OISC maintains a register of the immigration advisers that they regulate. You can find OISC-registered advisers in your area. Please ensure you check if the adviser charges a fee.

You can also find immigration advisers through The Law Society if you live in England. 

By law, immigration advisers must be registered with OISC or a member of an approved professional body, for example the Law Society.

Please note: 

  • You can complain about an immigration adviser if you think you’ve had a bad service
  • You cannot obtain assistance or a refund if an adviser is not regulated

Suspended immigration advisers

Here you will find a list of immigration advisers who are banned from acting as immigration advisers.