The EAF-PGR provides support to UCL postgraduate research students from specific priority groups in financial need due to Covid-19. The closing date for this application round is 11 September 2020.
- funding support
- making an application
- deadline to apply
- when a decision will be made
- re-applying and appeals
To apply for EAF-PGR support you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled on a postgraduate research (PGR) programme at UCL (Students on Completing Research Status [CRS] are not normally eligible but will be considered on a discretionary basis)
- Be in at least one of the following priority groups:
|Self-funding students (i.e. not in receipt of, or eligible to apply for, any sponsorship)|
|Students with children, especially single parents|
|Students with disabilities|
- Able to demonstrate that prior to the Covid-19 pandemic you had made reasonable and realistic provision for your study costs (both tuition fees and living costs)
- Able to demonstrate that your financial situation has materially changed due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and as a result you require financial assistance.
Please note: those students with an outstanding tuition fee debt to the university are not eligible to apply to the fund.
Awards are for living costs only and will vary depending on individual circumstances and the availability of funds. The current maximum award levels are:
|Students without dependents||Students with dependents|
|Postgraduate research students||£2,500||£3,000|
Complete and collect the following:
(please submit as Word document and see note below)
Required supporting documentation:
• financial statements for each bank account you hold covering the last 3 months in full, including annotations explaining debits and credits over £200.
• evidence of income e.g. salary slips/statements, loan notification email, benefits or tax credits.
• evidence of costs e.g. tenancy agreement/s showing rent/mortgage costs for entire academic year, specific Covid-19 related costs.
• Any additional evidence related to your personal circumstances e.g. child’s birth certificate
• the bank details form (please submit as Word document and see note below)
Note on bank details form: this form is intended for UK bank accounts only. In exceptional circumstances, payment can be made into an overseas bank account, but please note that funds can take several weeks to reach the account. If you would like to receive payment this way, please state this in your application form and we will provide further instructions if your application is successful.
Submit the application form and supporting documentation to the Student Funding team.
To do this, log into askUCL, select Log an Enquiry and choose Financial Assistance Fund (FAF) from the categories. Attach all of the relevant documents to the enquiry and put your student number in the subject line.
The closing date for this application round is 11 September 2020.
Applications normally take three working weeks to be assessed from the point at which the full application with all necessary evidence is submitted.
There may be delays if you have not submitted all the required evidence, or your application is incomplete.
You will be informed of the outcome of your application by email (to your UCL email account). If successful, you should normally expect to receive payment within 7 days of the notification of your award.
More than one application per academic year is not normally permitted.
You may only apply more than once during an academic year if your circumstances have changed significantly since your original application.
You will need to provide all relevant evidence to demonstrate this change in your circumstances.
All decisions are final and appeals cannot be considered