Information for presenters at the Division of Medicine Research Retreat, including poster sizes, printing and instructions for the day.
Poster size (A1)
The size for the moderated poster sessions should be A1 (594 x 841 mm) in landscape or portrait. The display posterboards are landscape and 2m in width.
An A1-sized poster can be created from the A0 template available online. If you have a A0 Portrait poster you can do the following:
- Download the template from UCL Imagestore
- Open the file in PowerPoint
- Go to File > Page Setup
- In the pop up box change the size for a portrait poster to
- Width 59.4cm
- Height 84.1cm
- Select 'OK'
- It asks: You are converting to a smaller slide size. Do you want to scale content down?
- Select 'Scale'.
Printing services at UCL
UCL offer a poster printing service. Visit UCL Print and Poster Service for more details.
Moderated poster sessions
Poster presenters will be issued with their poster number and location two weeks before the retreat. Presenters will also be issued with the time of their moderated poster session. This will either take place within the first coffee break or during the lunch break. Presenters must stay by their posters during their presentation session and wait for their judges.
Posters will be assessed for:
- Visual Presentation and Style
- Quality of Scientific Content
- Scientific and/or Clinical importance
- Oral Presentation and response to questions.
Poster presentations should be timed for 7 minutes (5-minute presentation and 2 minutes of questions).
On the day
Presenters should ensure that they attach their posters to their posterboards first thing in the morning on 11 May during the registration period. Vecro will be provided to attach the posters.
We have three rooms at the Marriott Hotel for posters:
- Trinidad Room on the ground floor next to the conference room
- Barbados Room on the ground floor next to the conference room
- Gallery (downstairs from the conference room).