The Division of Medicine is closely linked with its partner hospitals: University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust and the Whittington NHS Trust, which form the teaching hospitals of the Medical School. Each Research Department or Institute comprises a number of centres each led by a senior member of faculty and with a particular research focus.
Neuroscience (Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research)
The Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research was established as the Cruciform Project at UCL in 1995 for the pursuit of excellence in translational biomedical research.
Now, with its primary focus on fundamental and translational neuroscience, the Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research is a key hub within the rich environment of the UCL neuroscience community.
WIBR supports the interface between fundamental biological research and its application both to the discovery of new medicines and to clinical practice.
Head: Professor Nathan Davies
- BSc/MSci: Andrew Williams and Johanna Donovan
- MSc/MRes: Edith Chan
- PhD: Justin Hsuan
- MBPhD: Reza Motallebzadeh
- iBSc/MBBS: Marsha Morgan
- CPD/CME: Andrew Williams
Divisional Manager: Aisha Carroll
- Divisional Administrator: Alison Kelly
- Human Resources: Mohini Badiani and Kinga Podolak
- Research Administration & Accounts: Liam Banks, Rachel Pandian, Erwin Kooistra and Sanam Ali
- Education Administration: Matthew Brown
- Safety & Lab Operations: Roberta Perelli and Dean Heathcote
- Diversity & Equality: Dorota Rowczenio