Prerequisite for entry
Successful completion of Spanish Level 2 at UCL CLIE or for learners who have studied the language before, for instance up to GCSE level.
10 x 2-hour classes
After 20 hours students may progress to level 3
Aims and Objectives
The aim of the course is to enable students with a good knowledge of basic Spanish to reach an intermediate level and to communicate in and understand Spanish.
Main topics/themes to be covered:
- Discussing past events, e.g. holidays.
- Giving our opinion about people, things and events in the past.
- Expressing our wish to do something.
- Discussing problems/issues and giving advice.
- Discussing our mood and our health.
- Discussing habits, customs and circumstances of the past.
- Telling personal anecdotes.
- Culture and history from Spain and Latin America.
- Pretérito indefinido de indicativo.
- Preterito Imperfecto de indicativo.
- Me gustaría + infinitive.
- Pasárselo bien/mal.
- Caer bien/mal.
- The verb parecer.
- Qué + adjetive/noun.
- The imperative.
- The verb doler.
- Ser vs. estar.
- Ya no vs. todavía.
Linguistic Structures/ Phonetics
Revision of basic rules of the pronunciation of spoken Spanish.
- Course book: Aula Internacional 2, Editorial Difusión (units 2 and 6-9).ISBN: 9788415640103
- Online platform campus.difusion.com (materials to be used in class, as homework and for self-study; details will be provided in class). For this online platform, students will need to open their own account and then, for full access, purchase a premium account for a year access.
- We recommend you to acquire your book (Aula Internacional 1), or the platform, or both through the European Bookshop http://www.europeanbookshop.com/setbooks.php?institution=195705&class=900
- In addition, there is a range of language learning materials for self-study in the Self-Access Centre (SAC).