- I’m not sure what level I should enrol for. What can I do?
On our website’s language pages, we list the syllabi of each level, and where they equate to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. This will help you ascertain what material you have covered already.
- I’m still not sure. Do you offer assessments?
We do. If you wish to request one, please do so using the application form when you enrol.
- What if I enrol in the wrong level?
You are allowed to move up/down a level, especially within the first two weeks, if you find the material too easy/difficult for you.
- When do your classes run?
Mondays-Thursdays, 5-7PM & 7-9PM.
Term 1 (autumn): October-December; Term 2 (winter): January-March; Term 3 (summer): April-July
- Where do your classes run?
Normally on On UCL’s Bloomsbury Campus in London but because of the Covid pandemic, all classes are currently online.
- How can I apply?
Fill out an application form on our website. If enrolment is open and there is space left in your class of choice, you will be able to pay and enrol there and then using the online store.
- When should I apply?
As soon after enrolment opens as possible! We enrol on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Can you reserve places?
We can’t, sorry.
- Can I come to a taster lesson?
We can’t, sorry.
- Are your tutors all native speakers?
- How long are your classes? How frequently do they occur?
Our classes are two hours long and occur once a week. Each course is 10 weeks long.
- Can I buy any material in advance of my class?
We recommend that you don’t do this; your tutor will tell you which materials to buy during your first class.
What should I do if I miss a lesson?
Contact us and we can put you in touch with your tutor. This way, you’ll be able to convene and obtain any work you miss.
- Can I sit in on another class if I miss one of my lessons?
Unfortunately, due to room capacity issues, this isn’t possible.
- Can I get course credits from your evening language courses?
- Can I get a certificate of attendance? Will this show up on my UCL university transcript?
Yes. You must have attended 70% of the classes in your course for this.
If you want a certificate, email us and tell us whether you’d like to collect them or have them posted to you.
Remember, it looks better and more substantial if you have both parts of a level on the same certificate; we would rather issue you a certificate saying ‘Level 3 and Level 3+’ than two certificates saying ‘Level 3’ and ‘Level 3+’.
- Can I pay in instalments?
Unfortunately, we don’t allow this.
- Do you offer discounts?
Yes. UCL and UofL students, staff, and alumni are all eligible for varying discounts. Please check our website for further details of this.
- What is your refund policy? What if I want to drop out?
We have a strict refund policy which you need to read before enrolling. Please note that the terms and conditions vary depending on the concessionary rate you apply with.