Prerequisite for entry
Successful completion of level 3.
10 x 2-hour classes.
Aims and objectives
The aim of the course is to enable students to communicate in a wide range of daily situations and understand Japanese in many practical issues. Students will be given more sophisticated written texts after their abilities of reading and writing are further developed. Cultural awareness and knowledge of Japanese life style will be further developed during the course. Some of famous proverbs will be explained on the course.
- Asking for directions / suggestions
- Describing a cause and consequence
Main topics/themes to be covered:
- Tea Ceremony
- Planning a ski holiday
- Annual events
- Measurement, shapes and patterns
- Making an excuse
Linguistic structures/ Phonetics
Irregular rules of the pronunciation of Spoken Japanese
- The conditional form
- …ようになる ようにする
- Passive verbs
- Nominalising the phrase
- …て、… (Expressing a cause and a consequence)
- Expressions for giving & receiving, reflecting a relationship
- Course book: Minna no Nihongo (shokyu 2) (Lesson 34 – Lesson 41) published by 3A Corporation
- Other material: Minna no Nihongo 2 Translation & Grammatical Notes (Lesson 34 – Lesson 41) published by 3A Corporation
- Kihon kanji 500 Vol. 2 published by Bonjinsha Co.,Ltd
In addition there is a wide range of language learning materials for self-study in the Self-Access Centre.