Prerequisite for entry
Successful completion of Italian level 4 at UCL Centre for Languages & International Education or a high A Level grade (or equivalent).
10 x 2-hour classes.
Aims and objectives
The aim of this course is to strengthen students’ communication skills. Students will be able to communicate with high degree of accuracy and expand vocabulary mainly used in social context.
In this course students will learn and practice:
- State opinions and expressing feelings
- making comparisons
- convince and dissuade people
- offering help
Main topics/themes to be covered:
- Saving the planet
- Describing people - habits and personalities
- Discovering Italy
- Describing places
Linguistic structures/ Phonetics
- Recognising/understanding various register/accents
- Recognising/understanding/ reproducing any kind of discourse
- Congiuntivo trapassato.
- If clauses (IF+ Congiuntivo trapassato/Condizionale passato).
- Gerundio passato.
- DOPO + infinito passato.
- Altri usi del congiuntivo.
- Discorso indiretto.
- Forma passiva
- Espresso 3. Libro dello studente ed esercizi. Chapters 8-10
- Handouts provided by the tutor.
Bilingual Dictionary (Collins).
- New Italian grammar in practice. Ean: 9788861824287
- Nuova grammatica pratica della lingua italiana. Ean: 9788861822474
Please note that the syllabus might vary according to class progress and availability of materials.
Do not hesitate to contact your tutor for further information.