Prerequisite for entry
10 x 2-hour classes.
Aims and objectives
The aim of the course is to enable students to:
- Develop the four skills (speaking, understanding, reading and writing) to an intermediate level;
- Communicate in Italian in most common situations. Cultural awareness will be developed;
- Develop of accuracy in grammar structures and communication.
- Talking about jobs/careers
- Writing your CV
- Writing a formal letter
- Working environment: men/women
- Looking for accommodation
- Express opinions: penso che+ congiuntivo…
- Express agreement/disagreement
Main topics/themes to be covered:
- Jobs/careers/CVs/Job’s interview/Letters
- Italians at work / Italians abroad
- House and accommodation
- Meeting people
Linguistic structures/ Phonetics
Basic rules of the pronunciation of spoken Italian.
- Revision: contrasted use of past tenses (passato prossimo e imperfetto)
- Future tense
- Pronoun NE and revision of direct and indirect pronouns
- Verb BISOGNA + INFINITIVE TENSE
- If clauses (IF + Present Tense/future tense): “se piove non andremo in vacanza”
- Present subjunctive used after verbs and phrases which express opinion and feelings: “credo che tu abbia ragione”; “Mi dispiace che Maria non possa venire alla festa”
- Revision of Gerund
- Comparative “più…che”
- Stare per + INFINITIVE TENSE
- Espresso 2. Libro dello studente ed esercizi. Chapters 8-10.
- Handouts provided by the tutor.
- New Italian grammar in practice. Ean: 9788861824287
- Nuova grammatica pratica della lingua italiana. Ean: 9788861822474
Please note that the syllabus might vary according to class progress and availability of materials.
Do not hesitate to contact your tutor for further information.