Information Governance and Research Facilitation
The Research Facilitation Service exists to guide researchers in efficiently selecting ISD services that meet their requirements. The service also provides a channel to capture research requirements that inform development of existing and new services. To support this, we deliver training and run outreach events in departments to raise awareness and help researchers make the most of ISD services.
The IG Advisory Service supports and advises researchers on compliance for managing personal data. Advice can be provided at all stages of the research lifecycle from inception, through data applications, research and retention. We have experience of the legal, regulatory and contractual requirements of data providers, such as NHS Digital. The aims of this service are to:
- enable researchers to be confident that they have appropriate measures in place to work with personal data
- support researchers in putting suitable assurance in place
- provide clear guidance and tools to enable this
I want to:
- Get help on research funding application
- Get permission to use confidential information
- Get advice on sending and storing information
- Manage information properly
- Get data
- Analyse data
- Use a supercomputer for intensive analysis
- Use and contribute research software
- Discuss grant-funded programming work
- Get support for Github
- Get site-licensed software for data analysis
- Find out Research IT training
- Access free online video tutorials on Lynda.com
- Find out Digital Skills Development training
- Save data
- Read user stories feedback
Get started using the UCL Data Safe Haven. This page introduces the Information Governance assurance process before on-boarding to the UCL Data Safe Haven.
The Information Governance Training & Awareness Service manages training and promotion of information governance awareness through events, roadshows, posters, leaflets and other materials.
Report on information that was under controlled access and is now accessible by someone who is not authorised to do so – incident reporting.