Recover deleted messages in Outlook Web Access (OWA)
This guide demonstrates how to recover messages from Recover Deleted Items.
Messages which have been removed from the Deleted Items folder are moved to a depository called Recoverable Items. These messages are then available for recovery for 14 days after they were deleted.
This guide is aimed at...
1. Within Mail, select Deleted Items. Above your list of messages within Deleted Items, select Recover items deleted from this folder.
2. Recoverable Items will now be displayed. Select the items you would like to recover and select Restore.
3. The items you restored will be moved to their original folders when possible. If the original folder no longer exists, items will be restored as follows:
- Messages will be moved to your Inbox.
- Calendar items (e.g. meetings) will be moved to your Calendar.
- Contacts will be moved to your Contacts folder.
- Tasks will be moved to your Tasks folder.
Related guides & other info
- Add an attachment
- Add a signature
- Create a message rule
- Show/hide bcc field
- Send email in HTML or plain text
- Search for messages
- Deleting multiple messages
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.