Add an attachment in Outlook Web Access (OWA)
Learn how to add an attachment in OWA.
Before you start...
Check your browser compatibility to ensure you meet the minimum requirements for using OWA.
1. Within Mail, click on the New message button to create a new message.
2. Click on the Attach button at the top of the new message.
3. You will be prompted to specify the location of the file:
- To attach a file saved on your pc, select Browse this computer. Locate and select the item you want to attach to the message.
- If you would like to add a file from your OneDrive, select Browse cloud locations. Choose the file or folder you would like to share and select Next (double-click folders to navigate to individual files stored within them). To share the file directly from your OneDrive,select Share as OneDrive link (viewing rights will be granted to the recipients of the email). If you would like to add a copy of your file from OneDrive, select Attach as a copy.
4. The file will now be attached to the composed message.
Related guides and other info:
- Add a signature
- Create a message rule
- Show/hide bcc field
- Send email in HTML or plain text
- Search for messages
Help and support
- Contact the IT Services.
We are continually improving our website. Please provide any feedback using the feedback form.
Please note: This form is only to provide feedback. If you require IT support please contact the IT Services Help desk. We can only respond to UCL email addresses.