Clinical staff can be paid on the following scales. Please contact the HR Business Partner (clinical) if you need to confirm which pay scale to use.
Consultant Clinical Academic (CCA) scale
The basic salary and payment of Additional Programmed Activities for Clinical Academic (Honorary Consultant) and Clinical Academic Public Health (Honorary Consultant) level staff.
- Annex A for staff appointed to a Consultant level post on or before 31 January 2004
- Annex B for staff first appointed to a Consultant level post on or after 1 February 2004
Senior Academic General Practitioner (SAGP) scale
The basic salary and payment of Additional Programmed Activities for Senior Academic General Practitioner staff.
- Annex C for staff appointed to a post at Senior Lecturer level on or before 31 July 2005
- Annex D for staff appointed to a post at Senior Lecturer level on or after 1 August 2005
Junior Doctors pay scales
There are two national pay scales which junior doctors and dentists in training (England) may be paid under, depending on their stage of training and which contract they are employed on. A national training number is a requirement for payment on either pay scale.
- StR scale - applicable to trainees who were at ST3 and above on 2nd August 2016.
- Junior Doctors Pay scale - applicable to trainees below ST3 on 2nd August 2016. There is no automatic, annual pay progression on this scale as progression is linked to stage of training. There is also a pay premia which maybe applicable.
Non-consultant Clinical pay scale
Those academics, researchers and clinical teaching fellows appointed on or after 1 May 2008 who are required to be medically qualified to undertake their role but do not fulfill the criteria of a consultant clinical academic or SAGP and are not undergoing Specialty Registrar training will be paid on the pay scale grade CL7, CL8 or CL9 as appropriate.