The Cities partnerships Programme supports, funds and promotes academic collaborations in research and education with partners in global cities across the world.
The initial focus on Europe is an expression of UCL’s commitment to our European partners: those who share our values, with a clear emphasis on world-leading academic excellence.
By focusing on a city rather than a specific organisation, UCL academics work with the individuals and institutions that they feel are the best in their particular field, enabling a programme of activity in the city across multiple disciplines.
Over three years in each city, the programme will:
- Build new partnerships, deepen existing ones, and develop those with potential for sustainability and strategic significance.
- Create and strengthen networks across UCL and in the cities to share knowledge and support partnership work.
- Raise UCL’s profile in the city.
We will do this by:
- Providing funding to UCL academics to further partnerships and projects in the cities
- Hosting events
- Supporting student recruitment
- Connecting local alumni