UCL MBA Health
Who it's for:
- Individuals determined to become exceptional leaders in healthcare
- Managers, clinicians, business specialists or medical consultants looking to elevate your career in the public or private health sector
- Those with some experience in healthcare management or leadership, with ambitions to lead at a higher level
- Professionals with a little work experience in any sector, wanting to pivot into healthcare management
- Start date: September 2022
- Duration: 12 months
- Location: London
- Apply: Applications for September 2022 entry are currently open and close on 30 June 2022.
- Cost: £45,000
- Scholarships: A range of scholarships is available.
A bold purpose
Our UCL MBA Health programme blends world class academia with practical business skills, giving you all the competencies and attributes of a traditional MBA, with a focus on applying these skills to the globally in-demand sector of healthcare management.
As health now accounts for more than 10% of the global Gross Domestic Product (GDP), you’ll propel your employability and earning potential forward, while making a tangible difference to global healthcare.
UCL MBA Health highlights
- A two-week induction – including a three-day residency off campus – establishing your personal development journey, enabling you to shape your MBA experience while transforming your leadership style and career.
- Programme delivery - four specific business discipline focused blocks each with a ‘wrap up week’ where topics come to life with real world scenarios and case studies presented and discussed by health experts.
- The two-week immersion field experience that is the Global Health Challenge and the Health Consultant Project, a consultancy project delivered with one of our partner organisations.
- Throughout the programme, you’ll also receive one-to-one and group career coaching, leadership development and networking opportunities.
- Face-to-face teaching will take place across our UCL campus in London, a unique environment which brings together the best of UCL’s progressive history, positive impact and disruptive spirit.
- Attending a world top 10 university ranked 5th in the world for global health
- The inimitable experience of London – a global city that is a leader in health and business
Stay in touch and download a brochure!
Leave your details with UCL+ to:
- Register your interest in the UCL MBA Health programme
- Receive notice of UCL MBA Health open days, events and more
- Download our UCL MBA Health brochure
Find out more
As a UCL MBA Health graduate, you’ll come away with:
- An enhanced understanding of the intersection between health and business.
- Substantial research and analytical skills that can be specifically applied to health and business leadership.
- A detailed understanding of health organisations, how they’re managed and the changing external context.
- Highly developed professional skills, with a focus on change and innovation in healthcare.
- Well-honed written and verbal communication skills to support information and data management.
- The capacity to identify business opportunities arising from healthcare research.
- Important knowledge about the ethical, legal and regulatory issues associated with bringing health innovations to market.
- A keen awareness of your professional ambitions and skillsets, along with networks of colleagues and health leaders that will last a lifetime.
- A mindset embracing innovation, nurtured by the experiential learning and real world examples used in teaching at UCL GBSH.
- An appreciation of teamwork and collaboration for problem solving and delivering equality, diversity and inclusion in healthcare settings.