Equality Action Group is a dynamic team which facilitates equality, diversity and inclusion within the Institute of Epidemiology and Health Care (IEHC) and beyond.
Our vision is a workplace in which:
- Everyone feels welcome, respected, valued and included
- All policies, procedures and processes are clear, transparent and fair
Staff in our Institute can expect:
- To be treated fairly
- To be treated with respect
- To be treated as an individual
- To feel confident of being listened to and heard
- To be supported to learn, develop and progress at work
- To be supported to balance work, life out-of-work and other responsibilities (e.g. caring roles)
- To have a clear understanding of what is expected in the role, and how ‘success’ is assessed
- To know who to approach to address difficulties (of any kind) at work, and to receive a constructive response to any complaints
About the Equality Action Group
The Equality Action Group (EAG) is working hard to integrate equality, diversity and inclusion into policy, procedure and day-to-day practice within our Institute, aiming for a fair, happy, productive workplace.
Equality Action Group members are diverse in terms of seniority, background, and role within UCL. We are advocates for parents and carers, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) staff and students, people with disabilities, sexual minorities and trans and intersex people, either speaking from our own experience and/or as allies.
Our Athena SWAN Equality Action Plan details our plans for challenging gender inequality. The Athena SWAN award scheme only evaluates and rewards gender equality within individual departments, but we are committed to tackling all sources of inequality.
There are nine teams within the Equality Action Groups:
- Data Action Group
- Evidence Action Group
- Wellbeing Action Group
- Career progression Action Group
- Student Action Group
- Parents and Carers Action Group
- Leadership & Management
- Diversity and Inclusion Action Group
- Media and Communications Action Group