Careers Extra Bursary
UCL Careers Extra has some funding available to enable UK undergraduate (home fee status) students meeting the criteria below to undertake a work-based learning experience, such as an internship or volunteering within the UK.
The 2022 Careers Extra work-based bursary scheme has now ended and applications for 2023 bursaries will open in early 2023.
You can find tips and resources for finding work-based experience, plus read about the experiences of previous bursary holders, on the Careers Extra Moodle. [UCL login required]
Read Careers Extra student, Evie Robinson's article, where she shares her work-based experience.
Are you eligible?
You need to be a UK (home fee status) undergraduate student at UCL and belong to one or more of the following groups:
- Neither parent went to university and you went to a UK state school
- Care experienced or estranged student
- Disabled or you have a long-term health condition
- Household income below £25,000 (as declared to Student Finance England)
- Black British African, Black British Caribbean, British Black Other, British Black Mixed
- Received an Access UCL offer