PhD in Innovation and Public Policy now open for September 2018 entry
9 May 2018
The UCL Institute for Innovation and Public Purpose is now open to applications for our new Doctoral Research Programme in Innovation and Public Policy.
Innovation and Public Policy PhD is an interdisciplinary Doctoral Research Programme focusing on rethinking innovation in the context of public value creation.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, we expect to admit 3-5 PhD students to our 2018 cohort who will start in September 2018.
The programme aims to develop the next generation of world-leading interdisciplinary scholars in the economics of innovation, innovation policy and its governance, and thus focuses on providing students with a bespoke programme of scholarly development designed to improve applied conceptual, theoretical and analytical skills.
A key goal of the programme is to prompt doctoral researchers to blend and synthesise different disciplinary tools to offer truly interdisciplinary analysis on how innovation can be harnessed to tackle global challenges. The students are expected to contribute to our research programme which is driven by three cross-cutting themes: innovation, public value and inclusive growth. Our current streams explore the following areas:
- Public value and public purpose
- Governance and digital transformation
- The state's role in technological revolutions
- Green economy for sustainable growth
- Mission-oriented innovation policy
- Patient finance, state investment banks and public finance
- Rethinking health innovation
- Risks and rewards
- Space partnerships for mutualistic innovation eco-systems